Log homes have remained popular although they were commonplace hundreds of years ago, because natural, energy efficient and beautiful can be created in the log house. However, the most people are not able to build a log home with just an ax and a stand of timber unlike our ancestors. The ways to enjoy the character is the most efficient and effectively cost of the log house and the materials that ordered from one of the many companies that specialize in prefabricated log homes is also the way to get a comfortable.
If you have a consideration to building a prefab log house, you can follow these instruction steps to complete your consideration. So, letâ€™s check this out!
Instruction to place your order:
- The internet should be searched for a supplier of log homes in your location. You have to know that the closer is the better, because every miles counts when a shipment of bulky and heavy logs should be considered to paid.
- A log home design that fits with your needs should be considered to choose. the overall dimensions, the recommended floor plan, the size of the loft or second story and the number of windows should be considered. If youâ€™re not satisfied with the standard and simple designs, the custom orders will be accepted by the most suppliers.
- The options that offered should be explored by your log house suppliers. The logs can only be sent by the supplier for the walls or all your materials needed can be sent by them to figure out what to order for the roof, floor, doors, windows and other interior finishing. You need to consider the other choices such as preservative treatments, the type of wood, contractor support and log shape.
- The exact dimensions and type of foundation needed for your particular log home should be known. It is important because a concrete contractor can be hired to build this. The foundation dimensions may not be the same as the dimensions for the house. So it should be checked with your supplier. Much more efficiently can be proceeded by the things if before the logs arrive, your foundation has been completed.
- Your order should be placed and the shipment details should carefully be arranged. Often, bringing a forklift should be needed to your building site, so the logs can be unloaded.
And these are the steps to build your home:
- The building instruction that should be provided by your log home supplier should really be read by you.
- A skilled carpenter to build your floor should be found.
- Your log walls should be considered to assemble according to the instruction from the supplier.
- The house construction should be proceeded, the standard methods of timber framing or stick framing can be used for performing this step.
So, now you have the instruction you can use to complete your consideration to build a prefab log house.