You have to know that even the greatest garden that kept with the best maintenance can be damaged by the weeds, diseases and the insects. Their heads usually be reared by the pests one at a time, a nematode infestation here and a weed outbreak there. Tackling the singular problems by the gardeners can be helped by a plethora. Sometimes, a garden should be attacked at once by the several problems, overwhelming both the gardeners and the garden. The soil should be sterilized and it should be started again from scratch when your garden is thoroughly overrun, may be this can be a better way. The killing heat of the sun should be harnessed by the soil solarization, so the living materials in the garden soil can be sterilized.
If you have a consideration to sterilize the soil in your garden, maybe the instruction steps here can be inspired you to complete your consideration as well. So, letâ€™s check this out!
- The first step you have to look to sterilize the soil in your garden is a hot time of year with much more direct sunlight should be waited; the best month is July or August. Any rocks, sticks, large clumps of weeds or even plants should be considered to remove from your garden bed.
- And the second imperative tip is the soil in your garden should be considered to allow into a depth for about 6 inches.
- And the next important is the soil should be considered to water thoroughly, but you have to remember that it is not to the point of the saturation.
- And after watering, now the clear polyethylene plastic sheets (1 â€“ 4 mm thick) should be laid over the garden.Â After that, hammer stakes into the corners of the plastic, so it will be secured in place. If needed, the edges can be considered to trim by using a razor blade, so the plastic can be prevented from the hanging over grassy areas that you want and need to safe.
- The plastic should be allowed to sit for about 4 â€“ 10 weeks at least, but it depends on the weather. The plastic can be removed sooner by the gardeners in sunny and hot areas, while the plastic can be left for longer time by those who in overcast areas. The polyethylene should be considered to keep in place for a longer period, so the sterilization results can be improved.
And there are many attentions that should be looked by you who try to sterilize the soil in your garden.
- The potting mixes can be sterilized on concrete or asphalt by using the same process. It can also work and perform as well.
- You can complete the soil solarization in other times of year, but staying in place for longer will be needed by the plastic and you should make it kept free of debris.
- According to University of California researches, the plants grow unexpectedly well in solarized soil.